The AAFN is pleased to welcome application for Membership. There is also a special student membership rate*. Fellowships are also granted according to our fellowship program. Please enquire for more information.
The benefits of membership are many but include:
- Full voting rights for Members and Fellows
- Reduced fees for seminars and conferences
- Subscription to the newsletter
- Access to online materials when they are made available
- Full Member
- AHPRA registered practitioners* or PhD’s in a related field.
- They have full voting rights and therefore can be voted onto the board as a director.
- Associate Member
- Everyone else. Practitioners who are not legislated by AHPRA and non-practitioners.
- They have no voting rights and may not be voted as a director on the board unless they are specifically sought out for their expertise as an advisor on the board (without voting rights).
- Student Member
- Any student enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course to become an AHPRA registered practitioner.*
- No voting rights. Therefore, an AHPRA practitioner doing a PhD who would like to vote needs to sign up as a member not a student.
Fellowship is for individuals meeting the application criteria as described in the Constitution and Bylaws. Details are available in the constitution and bylaws or on the application form.
Current fees for the year 1st July 2015 to 30th June 2016 are:
- Full & Associate Members: AU$190.00 / year
- Fellow Members: AU$190.00 / year
- Student Members: AU$22.00 / year
* Chiropractor, Dentist, Medical Practitioner, Nurse Practitioner, Optometrist, Osteopath, Physiotherapist, Psychologist, Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner.